On April 05, 2023, a practical workshop “The use of modern 3D scanning methods” was held at the Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise. The event was held with the physical presence of participants and online.
The participants of the practical workshop were forensic experts of the Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise and experts of the Scientific Research Center for Forensic Expertise in the Field of Information Technology and Intellectual Property of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine. Representatives of the Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise joined the workshop online.
Representatives of the Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise at the workshop were:
- Ihor Chaliuk, Head of the Research of Quality and Cost of Road Construction Works Department, Laboratory of Engineering and Technical Types of Research
- Oleksandr Yurchenko, Chief Forensic Expert of the Automotive Research Department, Laboratory of Engineering, Transport, Commodity and Special Types of Research
- Oleksandr Borys, Head of the of Research on Life Safety, Fire-Technical and Electrical Research Department, Laboratory of Engineering and Technical Types of Research
- Oleksandr Dolozhevskyi, Chief Forensic Expert of the Explosive Research and Research of Rocket and Artillery Weapons Department, Laboratory of Military Research
- Vahif Ashurov, Forensic Expert in the Research of Design Documentation and Cost of Construction Work Department of the Laboratory of Engineering and Technical Types of Research
The workshop was held with the participation of Artec representatives, who demonstrated to experts the possibilities of using portable 3D scanners, which are created for the convenience of the user in the process of scanning almost any object and in any conditions and where the creation of a 3D model of the object can be directly observed on the built-in HD touchscreen display.
Representatives of Artec conducted practical training with those participants who were directly present at the workshop, and once again showed the possibilities of using scanners for all other participants who joined the workshop online. All practical skills experts will continue to apply when performing various kinds of examinations.