Valuation and land examination is a study to determine the value of land or rights to them, as well as verify the compliance of the assessment with regulatory and technical requirements, in order to provide an opinion on issues that are or will be subject to trial or criminal investigation in the field of land management and cadastre. The subject of land valuation is the actual use of land at the time of the study; territory planning according to the location of the land plot; investment attractiveness of the territory according to the location of the land plot; the state of the land market on the date of land valuation; the procedure for compiling land valuation documentation; the algorithm for calculating the expert monetary valuation of land plots and rights to them.
Objects of land examination are the following:
- land plots;
- land management and land valuation documents;
- documents confirming the rights to land plots;
- documents confirming the rights to land improvements;
- land books created in relation to land plots;
- extracts from the State Land Cadastre;
- analytical information;
Tasks to be solved by land examination
The tasks of land examination are:
- expert monetary valuation of land plots;
- expert monetary valuation of land rights;
- determination of compliance of land valuation or rights to it with the requirements of regulations on property valuation, methodology, methods, valuation procedures.
Types of appraisal and land examinations
- examination of determining the value of the land;
- examination of determining the value of land rights;
- examination of compliance with the documentation of land valuation or rights to it to the requirements of regulations on property valuation, methodology, methods, valuation procedures.
Issues to be resolved during forensic land technical examinations
- What is the land value (indicate the type of value: market, liquidation, special, investment, etc.) of the land plot? 4, etc.)?
- What is the value of the right to land use (specify the right: permanent use, lease, etc.)?
- Does the assessment of land (or the right to use the land) meets the requirements of regulations on property valuation, methodology, methods, valuation procedures? The list of questions is not exhaustive.
Features of forensic land assessments examinations
To resolve the issue of determining the value of the land plot or the rights to it, the expert must provide the title documents and land management documentation for the land plot. If there are improvements on the land plot (buildings, structures, etc.), the study must provide legal documentation for such objects, technical inventory materials, as well as other documentation and information, the need for which is due to the chosen methodological approach, land plot or rights to it, the obligatory stage in the assessment and land examination is a survey of such land on the ground.