The Order of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine as of April 26, 2017 № 1420/5, which came into force May 23, change of the list of regional zones served by forensic research institutions is provided.
In particular, it has been expanded the service area of Kyiv Research Institute of Forensic Expertise. It serves the following: the city of Kyiv, Vinnytsia, Zhytomyr, Ivano-Frankivsk, Kyiv, Kirovohrad, Ternopil, Khmelnytsk, Cherkasy, Chernivtsi and Chernihiv Oblasts.
As for the service areas of other forensic research institutes, the following has been established:
- Dnipro Research Institute of Forensic Expertise – Dnipropetrovsk and Zaporizhia Oblasts;
- Donetsk Research Institute of Forensic Expertise – Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts;
- Crimean Research Institute of Forensic Expertise – Autonomous Republic of Crimea;
- Lviv Research Institute of Forensic Expertise – Volyn, Zakarpattia, Lviv and Rivne Oblasts;
- Odesa Research Institute of Forensic Expertise – Mykolaiv, Odeas and Kherson Oblasts.
- N. S. Bokarius Kharkiv Research Institute of Forensic Expertise – Sumy, Poltava, Kharkiv Oblasts and the city of Sevastopol.
The service area of the Research Center of Forensic Expertise for Intellectual Property is extended to all regions.
Thus, according to the information of the State Statistic Service of Ukraine the area of KIF’s service includes a territory where live more than 15 million people. The experts of Kyiv Research Institute of Forensic Expertise carry out more than 90 types of research in various fields of knowledge ensure the system of justice of Ukraine with an independent, qualified and objective expertise, aimed at the maximizing use of science and technology achievements.