On July 5, 2023, the II Business & Legal Infrastructure Forum was held, which was joined by Oleg Baulin, Head of the Scientific Activity and International Cooperation Department of the Laboratory of Organization of Scientific, Methodological Activities, Regulatory Support and International Cooperation of the Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise. The forum was organized at the Premier Palace Hotel in Kyiv, organized by Yurydychna Praktyka Publishing House.
The work of the forum was organized in the form of thematic sessions, which addressed the issues of restoring Ukrainian infrastructure, investment landscape, implementation of infrastructure projects and other pressing issues of today.
Among the invited guests at the event were:
- Ole Egberg MIKKELSEN, Ambassador of the Kingdom of Denmark to Ukraine
- Olena SHULIAK, People’s Deputy of Ukraine
- Maksym MAKSYMENKO, Partner, Head of Real Estate and Infrastructure Practice at AVELLUM
- Stefan KHRYSTENKO, Head of Legal Affairs and Regulatory Policy, UkraineInvest Investment Promotion Office
- Ima KHRENOVA-SHYMKINA, Director of the Project “Promotion of Energy Efficiency and Implementation of the EU Energy Efficiency Directive in Ukraine”, Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
- Olena SHTOHRIN, member of theBoard of Directors of the Confederation of Builders of Ukraine, managing partner of Dictio
- Mykhailo ILIASHOV, managing partner of the Law Firm «Iliashov and Partners»
- Oleh BONDAR, Managing Partner of ECOVIS Bondar & Bondar
- Serhiy BUT, CEO of Prozorro.Sale JSC
- Maria PELEKH, Head of the Department for Interaction with Authorities of the Management Apparatus of the State Enterprise “Ukrainian Sea Ports Authority”
- Oleksandr RUDIAK, Director of Legal Department of JSC “Ukrainian Railways”
- Andrii OLENIUK, Partner at EVERLEGAL
During the forum, topical issues related to military losses of Ukrainian infrastructure, state priorities in the reconstruction of infrastructure facilities, introduction of joint control on the Ukrainian-Polish border, restoration of aviation infrastructure, state instruments for supporting investors, the role of international organizations in the restoration of Ukraine, military and jurisdictional risks of investing in Ukraine, improvement of mechanisms for payment of debts to investors by Ukraine under arbitration issues were discussed decisions, investment plans for the renewal of Ukrainian Danube ports, concessions in Ukrainian ports: post-war prospects and risks for investors, restoration of Ukraine’s infrastructure on the example of the industrial park “Mostyskyi Dry Port” and other important issues regarding the restoration of Ukraine’s infrastructure.