On April 12, 2023, an international criminal law forum was held, which was attended by the representative of the Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise Oleg Baulin, Head of the Scientific Activity and International Cooperation Department. The event took place in Kyiv, at the Premier Palace Hotel, organized by Yurydychna Praktyka Publishing House.
The work of the forum was organized in the form of thematic sessions, which addressed the issues of criminal justice and the fight against corruption, wartime crimes, extradition and practice of Interpol and other pressing issues of today.
Among the invited guests at the event were:
- Oleksandr ZHYLA, Deputy Head of the Department of Procedural Management of Pre-trial Investigation and Support of Public Prosecution of the Department for Supervision over the Observance of Laws by Security Agencies of the Prosecutor General’s Office
- Kateryna SHEVCHENKO, Deputy Director of the Department – Head of the International Legal Aid Department of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine
- Anton KORYNEVYCH, Ambassador-at-large, MFA of Ukraine
- Mathias NEUNER, EUAM Senior International Crime Investigation Adviser
- Oleksandr MARCHUK, Judge of the Supreme Court in the Criminal Court of Cassation
- Vira MYKHAILENKO, Head of the High Anti-Corruption Court
- Danyila CHORNENKA, Judge of the Appeals Chamber of the High Anti-Corruption Court
- Serhii PODHORETS, Prosecutor of the Sixth Division of the Specialized Anti-Corruption Prosecutor’s Office of the Prosecutor General’s Office
- Stanislav KRAVCHENKO, Head of the Criminal Court of Cassation of the Supreme Court
- · Viktor PANKULYCH, Judge of the Appeals Chamber of the High Anti-Corruption Court
During the forum, topical problems of criminal proceedings under martial law were discussed: challenges of ensuring the right to defence during the war, trends in anti-corruption criminal proceedings, peculiarities of Ukraine’s cooperation with the International Criminal Court, prosecution for war crimes, crimes against humanity, crimes of aggression and genocide: challenges to proper justice, international cooperation in criminal proceedings, the general review of extradition from/to Ukraine with a separate analysis of the reasons for refusals, circumstances that make it impossible to extradite a person, removal of a person from the wanted list by Interpol and many other topical issues requiring urgent consideration and resolution.