On December 10, 2021, the 1st All-Ukrainian Scientific and Practical Conference “Forensic Psychological Expertise: Achievements, Development and Prospects” was held at the Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise. The event was initiated by the Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise with the support of the Institute of Social and Political Psychology of the National Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of Ukraine, NGO “Institute of Cognitive Modeling” and the Association of Media Psychologists and Media Educators of Ukraine.
The purpose of the conference is to consider current issues of forensic psychological examination in the context of current challenges, finding solutions, increase the ability of subjects to solve problems that arise during such research.
Welcoming remarks were made by Nataliia Nestor, Deputy Director of the Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise, who noted the importance and relevance of the topics to be discussed during the conference. Liubov Naidonova, Deputy Director of the Institute of Social and Political Psychology of the National Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of Ukraine, during her welcoming speech pointed out that the need for such a conference is long overdue.
“Within this conference, we will have an impetus to address many issues that really require highly intelligent reasoning and solutions, and thus strengthen the role of expertise”, said Liubov Naidonova, during a welcoming speech.
The speakers of the event were leading experts in the field of forensic psychological examination, top psychologists, and psychiatrists:
- Yurii Irkhin, Head of the Psychological Research Department, Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise, Candidate of Psychological Sciences, Associate Professor;
- Yuliia Chaplinska, Candidate of Psychological Sciences, PhD student, Senior Research Fellow of the Laboratory of Psychology of Mass Communication and Media Education, ISPP NAPS of Ukraine;
- Sofiia Lahutina, doctor, psychotherapist, leading specialist of the Institute of Cognitive Modeling, Assistant Professor of Medical Psychology, Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, Bogomolets National Medical University, official representative of Ukraine in the European Federation of Young Psychiatrists;
- Nadiia Diatel, Junior Researcher at the Laboratory of Psychology of Mass Communication and Media Education, ISPP NAPS;
- Svitlana Babych, Senior Forensic Expert of the Forensic and Psychological Research Sector of the Sumy Branch of the National Scientific Centre “Hon. Prof. M.S. Bokarius Forensic Science Institute”;
- Nataliia Melnyk, Senior Research Fellow, Department of Psychological Research, Candidate of Psychological Sciences, Member of the Ukrainian Association of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Lieutenant Colonel of the Reserve of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, participant in hostilities;
- Anna Levchuk, Senior Forensic Expert of the Psychological Research Department, Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise;
- Tetiana Tamakova, Senior Forensic Expert of the Psychological Research Department Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise, member of the Ukrainian Union of Psychotherapists, National Psychological Association, All-Ukrainian Association of Polygraphists, co-founder of the All-Ukrainian NGO “Art Therapeutic Association”.
During the event, the participants discussed the methodology of forensic psychological examination, personality-oriented approach in forensic psychological examination, media psychological examination of audiovisual works.