Specialists of the Main Experimental Forensic Center of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine completed an internship at Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine.
In the training on the basis of the Laboratory of Criminalistics of KFI took part Major Olesia Lykhohliad, the Head of the Department of Expert Activities of the Western Regional Office (the location place is in Lviv), Major Olesia Tsybulska, the Head of the Department of Expert Activities of the Southern Regional Office (the location place is in Odesa); Captain Myroslava Andruchshyshyna, Senior Officer of the Support Department of the Expert Activities of the Western Regional Office (the location place is in Lviv), Senior Lieutenant Oleksii Markovskyi, the officer of the Department of Expert Activities of the Southern Regional Office (the location place is in Odesa).
Within the framework of the internship, the specialists of the Main Forensic Science Center of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine have increased their knowledge in studying the procedure for carrying out forensic activity, the main functions of the laboratory of forensic types of research and the procedure for organizing of forensic examination of documents.
The internship program included the following topics:
- methodology of technical and forensic research of documents;
- features of the study of different types of documents;
- technical and forensic research of document forms;
- technical and forensic examination of document forms with changed primary content;
- technical and forensic research of prints and stamps;
- the establishment of the chronological sequence of execution of strokes and the relative antiquity of the performance of the requisites of documents;
- forensic research of the writing materials.
The importance of developing these topics is beyond doubt, since more often in the process of investigating criminal offenses, it becomes necessary to establish a method of making a document, the presence of changes in it, the restoration of the content of the damaged document, etc. This is due to the forgery of documents in various ways to commit criminal acts, when to establish the truth can only an expert with relevant special knowledge and skills.