On December 3, 2020, representatives of the Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine took part in the international scientific and practical conference “Current Issues of Criminalistics, Forensic Examination and Criminal Procedure”.
The event was organized and conducted by the Odesa Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine and the National University “Odesa Law Academy” in the videoconference mode.
The conference was attended by representatives of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine, expert and scientific institutions, institutions of higher education, as well as scientists from neighboring countries.
Andrii Haichenko, Deputy Minister of Justice of Ukraine, and Oleksandr Oliinyk, Director of the Directorate of Justice and Criminal Justice of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine, and Nataliia Tkachenko, Director of the Expert Department addressed the participants with a welcoming speech.
Oleksandr Ruvin, Director of the Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise during his speech noted that the field of forensic examination is at the stage of active reform now; therefore, high-quality professional communication of forensic experts and joint discussion of topical issues, even in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, is extremely important.
In general, the conference focused on the organization of forensic activities and its regulatory support, as well as the features of various types of research.
Mykhailo Poliennikov, a leading forensic expert at the Economic Research Laboratory of the Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise, presented a report to the conference participants on providing conditional opinions of experts’ conclusions in criminal proceedings.
In addition, experts from other expert departments spoke with topics such as:
- “The conclusion of a specialist as an innovation of the criminal procedural legislation of Ukraine”;
- “Some aspects of the assessment of the expert’s conclusion by the investigator and the court”;
- “On innovative methods of researching non-verbal information”;
- “Certain issues of using special knowledge in the investigation of cybercrimes”;
- “On the tasks, objects and issues of forensic examination in the field of water transport”;
- “Features of the study of antique Islamic seals in the course of forensic art examinations”;
- “On the stages of the reconstruction of architectural monuments” and others.
Київський науково-дослідний інститут судових експертиз
Директор: Рувін Олександр
Поштова адреса: 03057, м. Київ, вул. Смоленська, 6
Kyiv Research Institute of Forensic Expertise
Director: Ruvin Oleksandr
Mailling address: 03057, City of Kyiv Smolenska Street, 6