On April 15-16, 2021, the International Research and Practical Conference-Polylogue «Topical Issues of Forensic Science and Criminalistics» was held, organized by the National Scientific Center “Hon. Prof. M. S. Bokarius Forensic Science Institute”.
The event was held online. About 150 representatives of ministries, expert, scientific and educational institutions of Ukraine, Poland, Lithuania, Moldova, Armenia, Latvia, Montenegro, Latvia, Azerbaijan, Greece, Israel and other countries attended the conference.
During the opening of the event, in his greeting to the participants, Oleksandr Ruvin, Director of the Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise, noted the international level of the conference and the importance of the topics proposed for discussion, focused on reforming and improving the work of expert institutions, exchange of international experience.
Oleksandr Ruvin also stressed the benefits of cooperation between the Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise and the National Scientific Center «Hon. Prof. M. S. Bokarius Forensic Science Institute», two leading Ukrainian research institutions in the field of forensic science and offered to continue the exchange of scientific and practical experience in the future.
Welcoming addresses were made by:
- Kliuiev Oleksandr, Doctor of Law, Professor, Honored Lawyer of Ukraine,
Director of the National Scientific Center «Hon. Prof. M. S. Bokarius Forensic
Science Institute», chair of the conference.
- Andrii Haichenko, Deputy Minister of Justice of Ukraine for Executive Service.
- Anatolii Hetman, Rector of the Yaroslav the Wise National Law University of Ukraine.
- Volodymyr Zhuravel, First Vice President of the National Academy of Legal Sciences of Ukraine.
- Nataliia Tkachenko, Director of the Department of Expert Support of Justice of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine.
- Oleksandr Oliinyk, Director of the Directorate of Justice and Criminal Justice of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine.
- Olesia Vashchuk, Chairman of the Council of Young Scientists at the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
- Mykola Nechyporuk, Rector of the Zhukovskiy State Aerospace University «Kharkiv Aviation Institute».
- Argam Hovsepyan, Director of the State Non-Profit Organization«National Bureau of Expertises» of the National Academy of Sciences of the
Republic of Armenia.
- Olga Kataraga, Director of the National Center for Forensic Expertise of the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Moldova.
- Sergo Dzagnidze, Forensic-Criminalistic Department of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Georgia.
- Alexander Ivanovich, Forensic Center of the Police Administration of Montenegro.
- Giedrius Mozuraitis, Forensic Science Centre of Lithuania.
- Vadim Poznyak, Head of the Scientific and Practical Center of the State Committee of Forensic Science of the Republic of Belarus.
- Gunduz Sadikhov, Head of the Criminal Investigation Department of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
- Akram Khalilov, Director of the Republican Center of Forensic Expertise named after Kh. Sulaymonova.
- Dariusz Zuba, Director of Institute of Forensic Research (IFR), Krakow, Poland.
- Raymonds Apinis, Deputy Director of the State Forensic Science Bureau of the Republic of Latvia.
- Zhumanbayeva Bakitgul, Deputy Director for Research of the Center for Forensic Science of the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Krzysztof Barkowski, Deputy Director of the Central Expert Laboratory of the Polish Police.
- Gabriela Koskoska, Head of the Department of Forensic Science of the Ministry of Interior of Macedonia.
- Janis Gracis, Dean of the Faculty of Law, Riga Stradina University.
- Snegole Matuliene, Dean of the Police Faculty of the Academy of Public Safety of Mykolas Romeris University (Lithuania).
- Serhii Krymchuk, Director of the State Scientific Research Forensic Center of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine.
- Andrii Svintsytskyi, Director of the Ukrainian Research Institute of Special Equipment and Forensic Science of the Security Service of Ukraine.
- Serhii Cherniavskyi, Vice - Rector of the National Academy of Internal Affairs.
- Olena Kovalenko, Director of the Dnipropetrovsk Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise.
- Oksana Kumanska-Nor, Director of the Lviv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise.
- Yurii Cherdyntsev, Director of the Odesa Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise.
- Fedorenko Vladyslav, Director of the Forensic Intelligence Research Center.
On April 15, Oleh Baulin, Candidate of Juridical Sciences, Associate Professor, Head of the Department of Scientific Activity and International Cooperation of the Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise, spoke at the conference with the following report «Modern problems of using special knowledge in criminal proceedings».
On April 16, the following speakers participated at the conference:
- A. Poltavskyi, Assistant Director of the Kyiv
Scientific Research Institute
of Forensic Expertise with the
topic of the report «Comprehensiveness» of the description of research in
the expert’s conclusion, «detail» of the regulation of the program of
solving the expert task: a glance through the requirements of
international standards adopted in Ukraine.
- O. Zherebko, Head of the Department of
Regulatory and Methodological Activities and Standardization, with the
topic of the report «Review and fixation of micro particles».
It should be noted the high
level of scientific and practical conference, organized by the National Scientific Center “Hon. Prof. M. S.
Bokarius Forensic Science Institute”. The
international exchange of the latest experience in the field of forensic
science promotes the professional development of participants, scientific
cooperation and the development of cooperation between scientific and expert