On January 23, the world celebrates Handwriting Day, which is also called National Handwriting Day. There is no doubt that there is a close connection between handwriting and individual personality traits. That is a daily study by handwriting experts.
As part of forensic handwriting examinations, specialists of the Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine, identify the executor of the manuscript text, digital records or signature; solve such non-identifying tasks. They are the following: establishing the fact of the execution of the manuscript that are performing at the unusual conditions or in an unusual condition, intentionally modified handwriting with a fake (imitation) handwriting of another person, determination of the sex of the performer, as well as his/her belonging to a certain age group, etc.
Typical questions resolved by forensic examination are as follows:
- whether the manuscript was executed by a specific person;
- whether several manuscripts were made by one person;
- whether the manuscript was made in a deliberately modified handwriting; or the manuscript was done under unusual conditions;
- whether the person who completed the manuscript was in an unusual state;
- whether person who completed the manuscript possesses writing skills in special fonts;
- the manuscript is made by the person of the floor; what age group does the performer of the manuscript belong to and many others.
Congratulations to all specialists involved in the handwriting industry and wish inspiration in this professional activity!