October 3, 2017 on the basis of Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise was held a working meeting on the organization and conduct of a comprehensive commission engineering and ecological expertise on the construction of a transport crossing over the Kerch Strait in the occupied territory of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea.
The meeting was held with the participation of the following representatives:
- Prosecutor’s Office of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea,
- Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources of Ukraine,
- State Fisheries Agency of Ukraine,
- State Water Resources Agency of Ukraine,
- Odesa State Environmental University,
- Ukrainian Scientific Center of Marine Ecology,
- Geodesy and Cartography Scientific and Research Institute,
- Ukrainian Hydrometeorological Center,
- V.I. Vernadsky Taurida National University,
- State Institution “Scientific Center for Aerospace Research of the Earth”,
- Taras Shevchenko National University Institute of Geology,
- Institute of Geological Sciences, NAS of Ukraine,
- Institute of Geophysics, NAS of Ukraine.
Representatives of the above-mentioned state institutions discussed the process of carrying out and the implementation stages of the comprehensive commission engineering and ecological expertise, the issues that were made for the decision of experts and the need to attract additional specialists from relevant fields of knowledge.
The representative of the Prosecutor’s Office of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea acquainted those present with the available case materials as well.
Recall that according to the “Instructions on the appointment and conducting of forensic examinations and expert studies”, approved by the Order of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine, the main tasks of the engineering-ecological expertise are the following:
- determination of circumstances connected with the occurrence of an emergency ecological situation;
- establishment of technical and organizational violations reasons of the technological process of production, if this contributed to the release of pollutants, energy and emissions of other harmful substances and the accumulation of industrial waste;
- establishment of the actions conformity of persons (or their inaction) involved in an emergency environmental situation, the requirements of normative acts in the field of environmental safety, environmental protection and the use of natural resources;
- establishment of cause-effect relationships between actions / inactions of specially authorized persons (in the field of environmental protection, use of natural resources and environmental safety) and the consequences that have arisen, etc.
The above list is not exhaustive. Within the scope of the subject of expert research other tasks can be set before the engineering and ecological expertise. In particular, within the framework of such studies, ecology experts from the Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise answer questions of possible environmental consequences caused to the environment as a result of human activity and the amount of material losses caused as a result of the corresponding actions. Specialists study projects of technical and economic calculations and feasibility studies of construction, signs of anthropogenic impact of human economic activities and other specific issues.