On October 06, 2023, the International Conference “Scientific and Technical Tools in the Forensic Service” was held online, organized by the National Center of Forensic Expertise of the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Moldova. The co-organizers were: Wroclaw University of Vocational Studies (Poland), the Association of Criminologists of Romania, the Faculty of Law of the State University of Moldova, Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine, National Scientific Center “Bokarius Institute of Forensic Expertise” (Kharkiv, Ukraine), Odesa Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine and others.
Experts and scholars shared their experience and discussed important topics in the field of forensic science, including the following:
- technologies in the face of modern challenges of forensic examination;
- using the capabilities of third-party testing laboratories in conducting comprehensive forensic commodity and engineering examinations;
- identification of narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances by instrumental research methods;
- legal expertise in the field of cryptocurrencies in the light of anti-money laundering;
- study of evidentiary aspects using metric graphs;
- criminological expertise – profile of a human trafficking offender;
- legal protection of minors during interrogation in Polish criminal proceedings.
Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise was represented by Oleksandr Ruvin, Director of Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise, who emphasized the relevance of the conference topics and shared his experience of conducting examinations in Ukraine.