From November 21 to 23, 2022, Nataliia Nestor, Deputy Director of the Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise, as part of a delegation from Ukraine, took part in a consultation meeting in Krakow organized by ETAF (European Training Center for Active Forensic Sciences).
The meeting was organized by ETAF representatives as part of the support of the forensic expert industry of Ukraine. In particular, the consultation talks were primarily focused on supporting the judicial institutions of Ukraine, the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine, and the Ministry of Health of Ukraine.
The consultation meeting was held online and in the personal presence of representatives. In an online format, Andrii Haichenko, Deputy Minister of Justice of Ukraine and Ihor Kuzin, Deputy Minister of Health of Ukraine expressed their thoughts on helping the Ukrainian community.
The following representatives of the delegation of Ukraine also took part in the meeting:
- Ihor Fris, People’s Deputy of Ukraine;
- Yurii Chechil, Director of the Ukrainian Scientific and Research Institute of Special Equipment and Forensic Expertise (ISEE SSU);
- Andrii Padalka, Deputy Director of the Ukrainian Scientific and Research Institute of Special Equipment and Forensic Expertise (ISEE SSU);
- Oleh Vasylenko, Deputy Director of the Ukrainian Scientific and Research Institute of Special Equipment and Forensic Expertise (ISEE SSU);
- Ihor Rozovyk, Deputy Chief for Expert Work of the Kyiv Regional Bureau of Forensic Medical Examination.
Sven Benthaus, Director of ETAF, and his colleagues focused on the fact that today they are focusing their potential on the particularly urgent needs of Ukrainian experts, so that future assistance will be as useful as possible, and most importantly, on time. During the meeting, the parties expressed their positions on today’s challenges and ways to solve them.
Also, as part of the consultation meeting, a visit of all participants to the Institute of Forensic Research. During the visit, representatives met with the Director of the Institute of Forensic Research, Dariush Zuba.
It should be noted that the representatives of the bilateral consultation meeting agreed on a further plan of action to implement the initiatives discussed during the meeting.