The staff of Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise, headed by Director Oleksandr Ruvin, congratulated the colleagues of the Scientific Research Institute of Intellectual Property on the 15th anniversary.
Representatives of KFI also became participants of the III International Scientific and Practical Conference “Problems of the Theory and Practice of Forensic Examination on Intellectual Property Issues” (“Krainevski Readings”).
Oleksandr Ruvin, Director of the Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise, in the welcoming address noted that the work of forensic experts contributes to the establishment of justice and the triumph of truth. The Head of KFI wished his colleagues to continue to fulfill their professional duties completely.
The purpose of the working part of the event was to study and develop the scientific heritage of a well-known scientist and forensic expert, the first director of the Scientific Research Institute of Intellectual Property of Peter Krainev and to formulate the modern theoretical and methodological foundations of forensic intellectual property rights.
The following issues were considered during the plenary session:
- Theory, history, and methodology of forensic examination on intellectual property in Ukraine and abroad;
- Scientific heritage of the founder of the Scientific Research Institute of Intellectual Property, forensic expert and scientist P.P. Krainev (1952-2014);
- Forensic examination in the field of copyright and related rights;
- Forensic examination in the field of technical creativity of commercial (trade names) and trademarks;
- Economic research and examinations in the field of intellectual property;
- Examination of computer programs, databases, and telecommunications in solving intellectual property problems;
- Ways to develop and improve science and education in the field of intellectual property protection.