On January 18, 2024, the Kirovohrad Regional Prosecutor’s Office held a seminar on “Peculiarities of detection, investigation and suppression of criminal offenses related to illegal alienation of land plots within the territories and objects of the nature reserve fund, land pollution, as well as criminal offenses in the field of air protection and water resources protection. Problematic issues of compensation for damages, including outside of criminal proceedings.”
The seminar was attended by:
- – Head and prosecutors of the Specialized Environmental Prosecutor’s Office (as a department) of the Kirovohrad Regional Prosecutor’s Office;
– deputy heads of district prosecutor’s offices responsible for this area of prosecutorial activity and prosecutors who provide procedural guidance in pre-trial investigations in criminal proceedings on criminal offenses in the field of environmental protection, as well as provide representation in this area;
- – specialists of the Kropyvnytskyi Branch of Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise;
- – officials of the State Ecological Inspectorate of the Prydniprovskyi District (Dnipropetrovska and Kirovohradska oblasts);
- – Director of the Department of Ecology and Natural Resources of the Kirovohrad Regional Military Administration
- – Investigators of the Investigation Department of the Main Department of the National Police in Kirovohrad Oblast;
- – Head of the Department of the State Agency of Land Reclamation and Fisheries in Kirovohrad region.
Viktor Davydchenko, Deputy Head of the Department, Tetiana Honcharenko, Senior Forensic Expert and Anastasiia Taran, Forensic Expert, participated in the seminar from the KFI Kropyvnytskyi Branch.
Viktor Davydchenko made a presentation on “Problematic aspects of the appointment and conduct of forensic examinations in criminal proceedings”, and the issues of appointment of forensic examinations, preparation of objects and documents provided for examination were also discussed.
Tetyana Goncharenko reported on the topic: “Consideration of the main issues arising from the appointment of engineering and environmental expertise in cases related to pollution, atmospheric air and water resources” and provided recommendations on the preparation of materials for engineering and environmental expertise.
Anastasiya Taran spoke on the topic: “Resolving issues during land and technical examinations related to the location of alienated (allocated) land plots within the territories and objects of the nature reserve fund” and provided comprehensive answers to the questions raised.
The seminar also featured presentations by state environmental inspectors, the Head of the Department of State Environmental Supervision (Control) of Waste and Hazardous Substances Management, the Head of the Department of State Environmental Supervision (Control) of Atmospheric Air, the Director of the Department of Ecology and Natural Resources of Kirovohrad Oblast, and the Head of the Office of the State Agency of Land Reclamation and Fisheries in Kirovohrad Oblast. The participants of the seminar had an opportunity to discuss problematic issues.