At the invitation of the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Kazakhstan, a representative of Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine became a member of the international project for the exchange of experience of forensic experts.
Vladyslav Smirnov, Senior Forensic Expert of the Department of Forensic Speech, Audio Analysis and Forensic Information Technology of Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise was the speaker of the advanced training course in the specialty “Study of photographic images and technical means of their manufacture”. The participants were experts of M.S. Narikbayev Kazakh Humanitarian Law University.
The purpose of international training is the exchange of experience and the formation of students’ knowledge about the theoretical foundations of forensic research of photographic images and technical methods for its production.
Within two working weeks, Vladyslav Smirnov, the expert of Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise conducted training for participants in the advanced training course.
After the presentation of the work of Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine, the Ukrainian speaker spoke in detail about the theoretical and practical stages of the study of photographs and the technical means of its production.
The main objectives of the training course were the acquisition of skills:
- identification of recording equipment that was used to produce graphic image files;
- identification of a graphic file or image negative;
- identification of objects, rooms and terrain areas reflected on graphic files, images (photographs, negatives) and video files (video records);
- the establishment of technological and technical parameters for the shooting and production of graphic files, images (still images, negatives) and video files (video records);
- establishment of dimensional characteristics of images on graphic files, images (still images, negatives) and video files (video recordings).
After the lecture classes, the course participants completed practical tasks and prepared examples of expert conclusions, in addition, to consolidate knowledge, the participants reviewed each other’s conclusions.
The final stage of the work was the solemn presentation of certificates of advanced training.
According to the expert of Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise, the work was extremely interesting and informative, facilitating communication between experts and increased the professional level of the participants of both sides.