Monuments of history and culture are an important part of the spiritual heritage of the people, which should serve the goals of the development of science, education and culture, the formation of a sense of patriotism and aesthetic education.
Genuine works of art are often of great value and therefore become the objects of attention of fraudsters and criminals. Quite often, in this context, the need arises to establish the authenticity of a work of art, the time of its creation, authorship and other issues. To this end, experts from the Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise conduct a forensic art examination.
Specialists of Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise investigate the following:
- the authenticity of works of art and authorship in relation to specific works;
- the degree of preservation of the object of art, the presence or absence of restoration work;
- the fact of belonging to a work of art or a collectible item for a certain period of time;
- the type of art to which the subject submitted for research;
- historical, scientific, artistic, archaeological, or other value of the studied objects;
- cost of works of art.
Objects for art history examination can be paintings, icons, postage stamps, works of decorative art, antiques, numismatics, books, manuscripts, etc.