Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine held a working meeting of representatives of the public and scientific forensic experts on the investigation of events on Maidan Nezalezhnosti (The Independence Square) during the Revolution of Dignity.
The meeting was opened by the director of Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise Oleksandr Ruvin. The Head of KFI noted that a joint meeting of representatives of expert institutions that are involved in the work on this case is especially urgent in view of the need for coordination of actions, mutual assistance and consolidation of efforts in conducting expert examinations and studies of the events of Euromaidan. In addition to the technical moments of the examination, the suffered activists have really urgent issues concerning the state of health, diseases of the respiratory system and other problems.
“Unfortunately, for the fourth year of the end of the events of the Revolution of Dignity, about 70 people who are having huge health problems still cannot get a definition of the severity of injuries within the framework of the forensic examination. In the end, these citizens cannot get social protection and support from the state, treatment, etc”, noted Pavel Sydorenko, the adviser of the Prime Minister of Ukraine and the coordinator of the initiative group of victims on Maidan.
The meeting was attended by representatives of the main scientific and research institutions, in particular:
- Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine;
- Central Scientific Research Institute of the Armed Forces of Ukraine;
- Central Scientific Research Institute of the Armament and Military Equipment of the Armed Forces of Ukraine;
- State Research Institute of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine;
- Ukrainian Scientific Research Institute of Special Techniques and Forensic Expertise of Ukraine;
- State Enterprise “ The Main Bureau of Forensic Expertise of the Ministry of Healthcare of Ukraine”;
- The Ukrainian Civil Protection Research Institute;
- State Enterprise “L.I. Medved’s Research Center of Preventive Toxicology, Food and Chemical Safety, the Ministry of Healthcare of Ukraine”;
- Institute of Labor Medicine of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine;
- State Institution “O.M. Marzieiev’s Institute for public health of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine;
- State Research Institute of Food Products;
- Private Enterprise “Scientific and Production Enterprise “Sparing-Vist Center”.
Ivan Nedvyha, Senior Investigator for Special Matters of the First Investigation Department of the Special Investigations Department of the Prosecutor General’s Office of Ukraine noted that the joint meeting will help speed up the investigation process. In the near future, the work will be carried out in two key areas: the completion of the study of special means that were used during the Revolution of Dignity, as well as the determination, from a medical point of view, of their possible impact on human health and the human body.