On December 20, 2021, Yurii Irkhin, Head of the Psychological Research Department and forensic experts Anna Levchuk and Tetiana Tamakova of the Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise, received training on pre-trial investigation and the possibility of forensic psychological examinations in criminal proceedings for criminal offences. The training took place in the Scientific Institute No.1 of the National Academy of Internal Affairs.
The following issues were considered:
- Forensic psychological examination of individual psychological characteristics of minors (suspects, victims, witnesses).
- Features of psychological research of young children and minors in the forensic psychological examination.
- Subject types of psychological research of young children in the forensic psychological examination.
- Age features of minors and juveniles within the forensic psychological examination.
- Psychological examination of a child who has suffered from a crime or witnessed it.
- Psychological examination in criminal proceedings for sexual crimes committed against a child.
- Preparation of materials for a psychological examination of the video of the child’s interrogation: criteria for the quality of the video provided for research.
- Comprehensive psychological and art examination of child pornography: features of appointment and conduct.
- Forensic psychological examination of crimes against sexual integrity.
- Forensic psychological examination of the ability of a juvenile suspect, accused to be fully aware of the significance of their actions and to control them.