On June 10 and 11, 2021, a scientific and practical seminar was held in Kyiv with the heads of the investigation departments of crimes in the field of transport of the investigative departments of the Main Departments of the National Police in the regions and the city of Kyiv.
The Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise was represented at the event by:
- Pavlo Borshchevskyi, Head of the Department of Auto-technical Types of Research of the Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise
- Andrii Yukhymenko, Head of the Sector of Commodity Research of Military Property, Equipment and Weapons
- Vasyl Matveiev, Senior Forensic Expert, Department of Transport and Commodity Research
The purpose of the event was to introduce the latest technologies at the domestic and world level, the use of modern forensic technology, features of detection, removal, fixation, and storage of objects left at the scene of the accident. It is also covered the appointment and conduct of forensic examinations in criminal proceedings initiated on the facts of crimes committed in the field of water, air, rail, and road transport. In addition, it is revealed the methods of inspection of the place of events and incidents on air and water transport.
On June 10, 2021, the representatives of the Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise conducted the following lectures for the representatives of the National Police of Ukraine:
- “The investigation of events in water transport”
- “The assessment of vessels”
- “The investigation of aviation events and incidents”
The Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise welcomes such events and is always ready to share scientific and practical experience in conducting research.