Experts of the Kropyvnytskyi Branch of Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise held a workshop on the basis of Prosecutor’s Office of Kirovohrad oblast.
The workshop was organized with the aim of settling the issues on the appointment and conduct of forensic examinations in criminal proceedings, taking into account the changes in the Criminal Procedure Code of Ukraine and the Law of Ukraine “On Forensic Expertise”.
The event was attended by leaders and deputy heads of the Kirovohrad Oblast Prosecutor’s Office, local prosecutors, employees of the Investigation Department of the Main Directorate of the National Police in the oblast, investigating units of the territorial police authorities, Office of Security Service of Ukraine in the oblast, and Investigation Department of Financial Investigations of the State Fiscal Service in the oblast, forensic experts of the Kirovohrad State Research Forensic Centre of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine and Kropyvnytskyi Branch of KFI.
The format of the workshop included a discussion. The invited guests, in particular the experts from the Kropyvnytskyi Branch of KFI, expressed their views on the problematic issues of organizing and conducting forensic examinations as well as there was proposed specific ways to solve them.
During the seminar were presented the following reports:
- “Appointment and conduct of forensic computer-technical expertise and expertise of telecommunication systems” Viktor Davydchenko;
- “Appointment and conduct of forensic economic expertise” Olena Liashenko;
- “Appointment and conduct of forensic handwriting examinations and technical examinations of documents” Serhii Petrov;
- “Appointment and conduct of forensic construction-technical and land-technical expertise” Iryna Shevchenko;
- “Appointment and conduct of road-technical investigations during construction and technical examinations” Serhii Lesiv.
After the speakers’ speeches, the audience had the opportunity to ask additional questions. Experts of the Kropyvnytskyi Branch of KFI provided detailed information specifically to each problematic issue. In general, the workshop has become productive and cognitive.