On October 21, 2022, a meeting of the section of forensic transport and commodity expertise of the scientific advisory and methodological council on the problems of forensic examination at the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine was held via videoconference.
From the Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine, the following participants took part in the work of the section:
- Nataliia Nestor, Deputy Director of the Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise;
- Andrii Yukhymenko, Head of the Sector of Commodity Research of Military Property, Equipment and Weapons, Deputy Head of the Section;
- Kostiantyn Lahoda, Head of the Kropyvnytskyi Branch of the Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise;
- Vasyl Matveiev, Senior Forensic Expert, Department of Transport and Commodity Research;
- Serhii Berehovyi, Chief Forensic Expert of the Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise.
During the meeting of the section, the implementation of current research projects in accordance with the thematic plan of the research work of research institutions of forensic examinations of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine for 2022 was discussed; results of approbation and implementation of scientific works; and also considered proposals for making changes to training programs (internships) in expert specialities in commodity research; determining the relevance of a separate recommended scientific, technical and reference literature; reviewed the existence of legal issues in the Scientific and Methodological Recommendations on the preparation and appointment of forensic examinations and expert research, and other topical issues of forensic commodity examination, which arose during the war. The work of the section was productive, and all issues were considered in full in accordance with the agenda.