On May 6, 2020, a seminar on preventing and combating corruption was held at the Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine.
Specialists attended the meeting from the Institute’s departments, including representatives of regional branches via video-conference. The representatives of the Prosecutor’s Office of the city of Kyiv and the Office of Strategic Investigations of the National Police of Ukraine were invited to participate in the event.
In the first part of the seminar, the meeting discussed the requirements of anti-corruption legislation, including restrictions and prohibitions for relevant entities. In particular, it was about the impossibility of such actions as:
- abuse of power, influence and official position;
- illegal enrichment or undue gain;
- provocation of bribery;
- violation of restrictions regarding combination and combination with other types of activities;
- violation of statutory restrictions on receiving gifts;
- violation of financial control requirements;
- violation of the requirements for the prevention and resolution of conflicts of interest;
- illegal use of information that became known to a person in connection with the performance of official or other statutory powers, etc.
- The second part of the seminar was held in a “question-answer” format.
In general, the event provided an opportunity to deepen knowledge of the main provisions of anti-corruption legislation, to get acquainted with international experience in the field of combating corruption, as well as to receive methodological recommendations on the organization of work to prevent corruption and identify its manifestations.