- Research of Explosives, Post-Blast and Shot Products
The main objectives of the examinations of explosives and explosion (shot) products include:
- to detect affiliation of the object to the explosives or substances that can be used as components for making explosive substances, powder charges or fireworks;
- to determine a method of manufacturing explosives; to detect micro traces of explosives and their decomposition products on media objects;
- to identify starting material which was used to blast (shot) for their post blast (shot) decomposition products;
- to determine the genus (group) of explosives (powder charges).
- Research of Explosive Devices, Traces and Circumstances
The main tasks of this type of expertise are:
- to determine the explosion of an explosive device at the scene;
- to determine the type of explosion;
- to detect affiliation of the object to explosive devices (ammunition) and to define the classification category of the device;
- to determine the power of the explosive device;
- to definite (describe) design of the device and method of manufacturing;
- to determine the device ability to cause an explosion and the possibility to start the device in specific circumstances (concussion, heating, etc.);
- to reveal the case data relating to the person who produced an improvised explosive device and started it.