- Research of Document Details
The main tasks of technical expertise of document details are:
- to detect facts and methods of amending the documents (erasure, removing, postscript, re-sticking photographs, letters, etc.) and identify their primary content;
It is important! Original documents are provided for the examinations on detecting the facts of amending the primary content of documents.
- to identify stained, smeared, faded and other poorly visible or invisible texts (images) on various materials and texts (images) on the charred and burned documents if the paper on which they had been shown, did not turn to ashes;
- to identify the type and writing devices for strokes;
- to determine the relative age of document or its fragments, and sequences of strokes that are overlap;
- to identify a document produced by montage using the copying and computer equipment.
- Research of Document Materials
The main tasks of printing plates expertise include:
- to detect specific features of making printing means (forms) and how they are displayed in prints;
- to determine the affiliation of letters to specific font set;
- to identify the type of system, brand, model and other classification categories of printing machinery (typewriters, cash registers, telegraph and other alphanumeric devices), to identify these means for the prints of their signs;
- to detect changes in the original text of the document made using a typewriter;
- to identify the type and device of copying and computer equipment for material documents made using this equipment;
- to determine the application method of printing stamps, seals, facsimile; to identify stamps, seals, facsimile, etc. for their prints; accordance between application time of stamp or seal prints and the date of the document;
It is important! Original documents are provided for the examinations on the identification of stamps, seals (as well as facsimiles) and determining the accordance between application time of stamp or seal prints and the date of the document.
Research of Printing Plates and other Means of Making DocumentsThe main tasks of printing plates expertise include: to identify types, species (other classification categories) of materials which were used to make a document (paper, dyes, adhesives, etc.) and their joint (different) type (group) identity and to definite the absolute time of performing strokes in handwritten entries in the documents.
Additional information is provided in paragraph 3 Section I of Scientific Guidance on the preparation and the appointment of forensic examinations and expert studies, approved by the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine on 08.10.1998 № 53/5 (amended).