- Research of Circumstances and Mechanisms of Accidents
- Examination of Technical State of VehiclesResearch of Details of Vehicles
- Transport and Trasological Examination
The main objectives of autotechnical expertise are:
- to find out the malfunctions of the vehicle threatening traffic safety, the reasons for their creation and the time (before the accident, because of it or after it) the possibilities to detect the malfunction using generally applicable methods of control for the vehicle; to determine the impact mechanism of malfunction on the origin and development of accident;
- to find out a mechanism of the accident and its elements: speed of movement (in the presence of traces of braking and for damages), braking and stopping way, trajectory, distance covered by the vehicle at regular intervals, and other space-dynamic characteristics of the accident;
The velocity of the vehicles can be determined based on their damage with the help of software for study of the accident, recommended for introduction in expert practice.
- to establish the compliance of the driver in this situation with the technical requirements of road traffic rules, the technical possibility to prevent the accident from the moment of danger, accordance of the driver actions with the requirements of traffic rules and determine a causal relationship between actions of the driver and the accident.
Moment of danger for traffic typically should be specified in the document about the appointment of an examination (involving an expert). If the moment of danger is not specified, the expert can determine it based on the analysis of road conditions and data contained in the file.
When the expert believes that the danger to the movement did not arise at the moment specified in the document about the appointment of an examination (involving an expert) in the conclusion he must specify the grounds of disagreement with the position of the body (person) that appointed the examination (involved an expert) and provide appropriate options for resolving questions.